** This survey is now closed. If you have any questions, please email the Learning and Teaching Systems and Services Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s been a year and a half since implementing the university’s learning management system, D2L Brightspace. We’re now ready to launch phase two of our consultations – and you’re invited to be part of it.
Please share your thoughts with us by completing our survey by Friday, March 17, 2017.
Why is a consultation needed?
We’d like to ensure the university’s online learning and teaching software continues to be flexible and robust enough to meet the evolving needs of students, faculty and staff.
What are the goals of the consultation?
The goal of this new phase is to identify gaps in the current Brightspace system and other eLearning tools at Ryerson. While Brightspace offers many features and functionalities, we’re aware that there’s additional tools Ryerson may need to acquire and offer separately.
What kind of feedback are we looking for?
We’re interested in hearing:
- what kind of teaching tasks you do now or want to accomplish in the future
- teaching tasks include content authoring, content organization and management, content subscription, communications, collaboration and group work, assessment, personalized and adaptive learning, class engagement, gamification, reflection and portfolio
- whether the right tools are available to you in Brightspace or other systems at Ryerson
- whether existing tools need improvement
- whether new tools are needed
What’s the consultation process?
Step 1. Survey for faculty, contract lecturers and TAs/GAs to help identify tools currently used for courses at Ryerson, any missing functionality that could be improved with existing tools and any gaps where a tool is needed and not currently available.
Step 2. If more input is needed, a series of town halls, focus groups, and presentations will follow. The outcome of these, combined with survey results, will help us prioritize the most important gaps and proceed with the funding request and acquisition process for the most needed tools.
Sponsors and contacts
Phase two of this consultation is initiated by The Advisory Committee on Academic Computing (ACAC) in partnership with:
- The Chang School, Digital Education Strategies (DES)
- Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
- Learning and Teaching Office (LTO)
- Ryerson University Library & Archives
- Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD), Technology Planning and Innovation
- Office of e-Learning
For more background, process and timeline information, please see the previous blog posts below. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Learning and Teaching Systems and Services Consultation Committee at email@example.com.